Monday, June 27, 2011

The Push

God allows us, to go through certain things. So that, in the future we are equipped to help someone going through something similar.

Case and point. A young 20 year old man who was born with a bum leg. When he was little, he could not go to school, because his leg would not allow him to walk great distances. He never finished school, also, he found out he has a learning disability. Through all this he is trying to learn English. He feels alone, stupid, ill- equipped for his own ambitions.

I know, the struggle of feeling insufficient towards school. I also know the battle of having a learning disability. He has been a life long battle. So, I sat there hold back tears, praying for a friend. But, when I finished the prayer. I told him that he must have confidence in himself, but more importantly confidence in the plans that Jesus has for him.

The push was given. I too received a push from someone who helped me, when I felt just like this 20 year old. The push is to seek God fully to know that you know nothing, that you must fully surrender.

Our conversation ended. The push had been given he was smiling. We exchanged contact information. I could not help but cry and see that God had just shown himself to him.

That my struggle, inability was used as strength for someone else. He waved bye. I now realize your weakness is your strength.

No comments: