Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pray Persistently

When anticipation becomes reality, we are never ready for the subtle truths that come our way.

For the past couple of days, I have struggled to understand what it means to be a prayer warrior. Prayer is something, that most people know how to start. But why is praying, so hard for us to do? It appears prayer becomes a convenient practice, when we are struggling. Yet, when all is well..... prayer seems like a distance memory.

Thus far, this has been my mindset. Prayer is important, vital to survive this battle we are fighting. As I inch, closer to the mission field. I'm beginning to realize, prayer MUST become a persistent and daily practice. I have been convicted of my lack of prayer.

Often times, its a "churchy term" we throw around. "I will pray for you brother/sister." But do we really mean it? Or is something we say in the "heat of the moment" that sounds right and originally "churchy"?

Those are the questions I ponder. I've been told by many people, that they will be praying for me. But do they mean it? But how can we make prayer more than, just a meal time ritual?

When I leave for Japan. Prayer will be key to my spiritual survival. Satan knows what I am doing and he does not like it. Prayer is important, it requires us to fight our spiritual battles on our knees, rather than on your own.

What does your prayer life look like?

More to come from my thoughts, while at training. New blog in the works, will be launched in 2012.

No comments: