Friday, September 26, 2008

"I Have No Home But Faith"

If you get to look at the pictures of hurricane Ike online. The aftermath is pretty brutal and sad. Keep out brothers and sisters effected by the storm in your prayers.

Fast forward a week later. I get a call from our missions pastor. Asking if I could assemble a team to go to Beaumont, Texas to aid a pastor there for a weekend. I called the pastor in Beaumont, we chatted a little. He then said I need some prayer. The pastor's house had been completely destroyed. He chuckled a little and said I have no home but faith. He finished with God will provide. As this pastor goes back home to no physical home. He will be comforted by his faith in God. Not seeing anything but, letting God deal with it. What a powerful testament of his faith. Not only that but, the power of faith.

It's funny how(especially me at times) our faith crumbles in matter of seconds. When everything is going south, and you can't see any light in the dark. We start running and not turning to the true source. The source with all the answers.

I finished my conversation with the pastor. I sat there and started to smile. I may have a physical home and luxuries of a home. But the only real and true home I have is my faith in God. It's my refugee, for without it I would be homeless. God is the source nothing else. I pray we all are bold to go deep in our faith with God. No matter the situation, or position we are in. GOD NEVER FAILS!

By the way we leave October 17-19

No comments: