Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Brokenness: Be The Clay


I remember it, so vividly. The night that I broke down in tears. I finally had succumbed to the forces of brokenness. I was tired of living the lie. I was tired of pretending it was ok. With my bible study leader reaching out her hand. I snatched it.

I had avoided this for such a long time. I had played it off, as if it were nothing. That I could make it on my own. I knew the life I was living, was not pleasing to the Lord. I was a child of God, who had strayed away for far too long. I believed, I just didn't want to commit. That moment plays through my head on many occasions. But why? Why is it so, life changing?

A lot of us, relate tears, losing our composure, not sure what to do. We see it, as sign of weakness. The masses say, get up and suck it up. This is why being broken, being so genuinely and completely broken is a beautiful thing. When people realize that they are not enough. That they must change something in their lives.

Brokenness is a necessary thing. It helps us, realize how far we are from perfection. That perfection will never be attained. This is why the brokenness process is so effective. We must let ourselves be vulnerable, to leave our comfort at the door, allowing God to slip in and mold us.

That's what I did that night. I finally allowed God to mold me. God is still molding me and will continue to do so, until I leave this world. I will always remember that night, as the night that I said, change me Lord!

I've had my ups and downs. But the Lord has been faithful. It started with brokenness and in many ways, it may end that way too.

Be the clay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Broken is a great place to be, especially looking back and knowing what the presence of God feels like up close.