Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Being Content

Contentment is what I'm seeking.

I was reminded yesterday, by Jeremiah 29:11 that God does have a plan to prosper you. He has a future for us, as well. Some may see it as a over used verse. I heard kids reciting the verse and it really humbled me, put me in my place. Even though I know all that, I still find room to complain. I find things "that could be better" but I have a lot to be thankful for ....

Not only that but, we always find time to tell God. That we rather be somewhere else, or being doing something else. Currently, I'm 23, graduating in the spring, have a lot going for me. Yet, at times I find myself unfilled, lack of something. Especially, at an age where friends move, get married you fill out of the loop. You feel you are behind everyone else.

But there is a rhyme and reason to being content. God has us, where he wants us. Being content with what he has given, goes along with trusting. Trust is really, what is lacking.

God never fails. Never!

Yet, we still flinch. Trust is the issue.

Once we can fully understand why...

We begin to trust and sometimes we may not know why

And that's ok.....

What do you need to trust God with?

No comments: