Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Counting The Cost

Its been, nearly a month since I left for training. In my time of training, I've had ample time to learn, reflect, and more importantly grow in my spiritual walk.

There's something refreshing about being surrounded by people who are like minded. I'm around people who are adventurous, who speak more than one language and are eager to learn more. They love Jesus... all in their own unique way. But the one similarity that has developed over time. Is the reality of counting the cost of missions.

The harsh reality is that some of us, may never come back. We may never see our families and friends ever again. The people that I have gotten to know will face certain danger. Danger is in abundance, from the vast lands of Asia to the instability of the Middle East and North Africa.

I'm humbled to see the amount of parents who are taking there kids to these places. Showing there faith in Christ, not knowing the future.

I feel very blessed to be surrounded by so many willing witnesses. I have broken bread with them, talked in depth about the Bible, and even played sports. However, our time together will end and we leave to spread God's Word.

We all know the cost each of us face. Some are more daunting then others, but the goal is still the same. I may be in the urban jungle of Tokyo, but I know there is a lot of Japanese people who need Jesus. I know my cost is low compared to others. To be frank, I struggle with that...but as one brother told me.

"God placed you where He needed you, I wouldn't be able to live in a urban setting."

I know my place and I have counted the cost.

For His Glory.

No comments: