Monday, April 13, 2009

5 Countries: Where would you go?


If you had to choose five countries. That you have never been too. What countries would you choose? Rules: you can't revisit a country and, it can be a place, state, of the country you currently reside in. Here are my five. What are your five?

In no particular order.

1. Italy- I'm a history major and I love history! Italy is stacked with history. Plus I have this infatuation with the Mediterranean sea. It's gorgeous. I would love to see the Colosseum and pretend to be a gladiator. I would visit Sicily, Naples, Milan, and the list goes on. Last, but not least I would go check out the Vatican.

2. New Zealand- First off, Lord of the Rings was filmed there(check). New Zealand is very diverse, beaches, mountains, and a volcano! I would visit Wellington(capital) and Auckland. I don't know a whole a lot about New Zealand. Which makes me want to go there. Lastly, New Zealand has this seclusion about itself. That is very appealing to me.

3. South Africa- I have always admired the beauty of Cape Town. It's amazing. Even in South Africa you can catch the African wildlife. That would be cool to see all the animals. I have had friends and family(brother and dad) go down there. To serve people in need. I would be honored to do the same. My dad went down there and it changed his life. I believe that trip is what gave him, his passion for missions.

4. India- It's awesome to see how people commute in India. I would love to go to Mumbai, New Delhi and Calcutta. But I would like to try the food. India would give me. A good slap in the face, of culture shock. I would swim in the India ocean and visit something called the Taj Mahal.

5. Spain- I would definitely partake in dodging the bull. In their annual bull -running. Spain has rich history as well. I would go to Madrid(capital), Barcelona. I would hike the Pyrenees mountains. To top it off enjoy some fine wine.

4 comments:

Caleb said...

Good list, man. I would go with the following, in no particular order:

Italy
UK
Brazil
South Africa
New Zealand

jose said...

Nice list, Caleb. I've been to Brazil and it was awesome. I would totally go again.

Jay said...

Japan
Russia
Israel
UK
Ireland

jose said...

Solid list, Jay. I think you know this. But I'm going to Japan in July! I would go right now, if I could.

Israel, great choice!