Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Such Great Heights


I'm on top of the mountain or at least for 10 days. I'm feeling productive and as if I'm doing something extraordinary!

I leave for Japan on Saturday. I will be one of many leaders leading a trek of high schoolers. Trying my darnest to spread the Word of God to Tokyo. Yet, I don't need to be in Tokyo, Japan to feel this way.

For the longest time. I associated out of this world experiences with traveling, doing something that is noticed by the masses, or thinking of some brilliant outside the box idea. Sure those may produce that mountain top rush. But there are plenty of other simple and less sophisticated ways to get that rush.

First, being bored is a choice. People use boredom as a excuse. Acting as if, they are a victim to their own boredom. But in reality they can only blame themselves.

We all yearn for that feeling of significance. But it doesn't have to be across the world. Or being admire by everyone. Its doing what your passionate about. Its doing what God wants you to do.

For the longest time. I have been feeding the homeless every Monday night. Its simple, feed and serve a group of awesome people. Dare I say, it takes place locally? Do I get that rush? I do. But it took time for, me to realize what I was doing it for.

For a long time. I felt very unproductive in what I was doing and where I was in life. But God has a purpose for all. The world may see it as, simple and banal. But its for sure an out of this world feeling.

Sure I will be in Japan experiencing a new culture and eating weird things. But when I come back to San Antonio. The rush will be there. Whether I'm under the bridge with the homeless, or sitting down typing up a blog.

The rush never leaves. It is up to us, to keep the fire going. Fuel the Fire.

Whether in Japan, or high in the sky, or simply on the ground.

It's all from such great heights.

1 comment:

ry@n said...

I am praying for you buddy!