Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Planting Among The 33 Million

As Satan wages war against my heart, soul, and mind. It has finally sink in, I'm back home.

Japan showed me a lot. Like every mission trip, its a bittersweet goodbye. The people were so quiet, yet so humble. Japan is in need of Jesus. The country is wrapped up in, materialism, despair, and the fear of being not enough, to name a few.

The country is beautiful. The people are beautiful. The food is good and full of rice. But what God showed me, is that its not about the numbers, or how many were saved. But about the harvest. Its about planting seeds.

Tokyo has 33 million people. Many of them have no knowledge of the Word. But with our team of 103 Americans. We were able to plant seeds. See smiles, see people questioned what they believe. We may have not had a huge number of converts.

But the seeds that we planted will begin to grow. They will eventually sprout. We may never see the final result on earth. But seeds have been planted. In a span of 10 days, working almost around the clock. 42 people exchanged their lives for Jesus.

42 may seem small compared to 33 million. But God has a plan. We serve a BIG God. A God who does all the heavy lifting. God values obedience over activity.

And for 10 plus days. We were obedient, we were planting. I can only imagine what God will do next.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The country is wrapped up in, materialism, despair, and the fear of being not enough, to name a few." are you talking about Japan or America?!

jose said...

Fair point, however, I only underlined Japan, because I was there.

But Japan tries so hard to mirror the US. So in a sense yes and no.

K said...

Jose, I think it is awesome that you got to go to Tokyo. It is awesome to see how God is using you as a vessel. And how continuously obedient you are about going out and just sharing people about Jesus. To me it seems as if you are fearless about it and that is something admirable. I am glad to hear that you are back safe.

Where is your next destination?

jose said...

Praise God! I leave for Panama on Monday, fast turnaround. Should be fun.