Friday, April 30, 2010

Learning From Kids

This summer I will be working with kids. Kids that are much younger than me. I look forward to this brave new world for me. I have worked with kids on occasion, but never on a daily basis. Part of me, sees my patience being tested. But I know that I'm going to learn a lot.

Kids have a way to show adults that life doesn't have to be so difficult. Kids are care free, they smile and love snacks. To be honest, their energy is contagious. I know this summer I will learn a lot from the kids. Sure I will show them a thing or two, but I know I will walk away with more.

Which comes to my point. Often times, we think we learn from complex, sophisticated things. But what about the simple things of life? Simplicity is a great teacher, if anything a reminder. The kids that I will be teaching, think in a simple way. That's not to discount their intelligence, but they see life in a different light. A light that, can be very humbling.

As I begin to pour into these kids. Without them knowing they will be pouring into me. I seen it, many times. Every time that I have worked with kids. I learned a lot. I know this I will learn even more.

The teacher being taught.

No comments: