Thursday, April 1, 2010

By Faith

By Faith .... think about it..... what can be accomplished by faith.

Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. It's hard to display faith on a daily basis, we allow so many different elements waver our faith. What is it, about faith that makes it hard? Faith is the cornerstone of our relationship with Christ. Faith is a prime example of being bold and humbling ourselves to be ok, with not having control or not knowing the outcome. That's faith.

Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is the definition of faith. Faith is about not seeing, what is coming around the corner. But knowing God will provide, that faith does have a price. Faith is essential to our growth in Christ. It allows us, to learn more about ourselves and what we must work on.

I like to see faith as a meter. It can be low or high. My faith has grown over the last few months. I've allowed God to take control. But I've been stripped of things I love. For the sole purpose of learning to earnestly seek Him always.

My prayer, is that you don't have to be completely stripped of everything to realize your lack of faith. Everyday, we put our faith into our cars, elevators, and other mundane daily things of life. It's funny how I can wake up, still be half asleep and trust my car will get me to point A to B. But I can't allow God to rescue me, from a stronghold in my life. Ironic?

Faith comes at a price, but the rewards of faith outweigh the price. I pray you can meditate on this chapter and see the sheer power of faith. Faith does not go in vain. God has a plan. We may not know it, but we must keep the faith.

By faith ..... what will you do for His kingdom?

No comments: