Friday, May 21, 2010

Accountability

Accountability .....

We either run from it, or avoid it at all cost. It requires us, to shed our facade, to be broken and completely transparent with someone else. Accountability its necessary.

Accountability allows us, to see the power of God through people. It shows us, that people care deeply about us. They will listen, and love us regardless of the sin. That they are willing to stand in the gap for us, walk in the dark places we enter.

We can't do it alone. On Tuesday I will embark on a journey of accountability with 10 career and college age men. As I told these guys what we will be doing, some stood in horror, while others look ready to open up.

In many ways, accountability comes with maturity. A yearning to to get near to God. A realization of the constant battle between good and evil. Accountability is imperative.

For me personally, it has been a life saver. Without opening up, to people I wouldn't be where I am right now. I would be alive, but I would be surround with so much doubt and anger.

So, now to ask the question. Do you have accountability in your life?

If not, what are you waiting for?

Go and be broken, it will change your life.

No comments: