Monday, May 17, 2010

Think You Got It Bad

The other day I was wallowing in my own self pity. Formulating a me against the world mentality, or better yet asking, why me?

So I turned on the T.V. to distract my mind. As I was flipping through the channels I came across a documentary about South Africa. I started to watch and automatically became humbled about my suppose demise. I started realize, that often times people want attention when they feel bad, cheated. But sometimes, its a cry for help, a cry for attention. The documentary was over the alerting rate of rape in South Africa. Now that is real!

Its funny how, people who have the blessings of a fruitful life, find room to complain, and have pity parties. I know, that I'm guilty of this. I've seen my share of tragic things, kids with no home, Brazilians living in the slums dodging bullets, or the homeless guy downtown. Yet I find time and energy to complain and wallow over my problems.

I've felt very convicted by this to see and embrace my blessings. But to realize that hope can be produced from any situation. That I have a lot to be thankful for, there's a lot of people who have real problems. I'm blessed to not have, but those people who stand against the afflictions. Their inspirational.

I'm humbled once again, by stories and faces I may never meet.

No comments: