Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Patience Pays Off

Patience is hard, really hard. To wait for something, someone and never know when it may come. That's against human nature.

When I think of examples of patience of greater magnitude. I think of Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Jr and Paul. Their are other great examples, but those three stick out to me.

All three had to suffer great persecution spent a lot of time in jail. But these guys were mere men. They stood up, for they believed in and it came true. But they had to show patience. I'm sure they had their bad days. But they knew that patience pays off.

MLK never saw his dream come to fruition. But deep down inside, I think he knew his life would be taken for the dream he was patience for. Paul died, in the name of Jesus, but has inspired so many to leave the comforts of their home, to share the Gospel, even if that means death. Nelson Mandela is still alive and has seen change in South Africa, even though there's still a lot of work to be done.

Those examples of patience inspire me to be patient. All three displayed patience, but what makes it even more powerful was their selflessness. They had dreams they were waiting for, but with those dreams didn't just effect them, it effected the whole world. They were patient for others, and their dreams. Because of their patience, people are able to experience their dreams.

I'm sure they had their own individual dreams. But they had bigger dreams. As I examine my own patience. I have a lot of work, to do. I must be patient for the ending of my college career, when I will met the one, or when I move to the next chapter of my life. It will take patience, but I now realize. That all the desires I'm waiting for, God will provide. I'm starting to practice patience on something bigger than my own desires.

Patience pays off, it comes with a price. The investment is worth it.
History is on our side.

1 comment:

archie said...

Good inspired thought taking us to a place few want to go. That place is the land of patience.... Peace.