Friday, December 3, 2010

Judgement From A Distance

This morning I entered my Spanish class. I was sitting there waiting for class to start.

In class I sit in the back surrounded by girls, there's only five guys in the class. Three of those fives girls sit behind me. So they started to talking about parties and boys etc... These girls are from Mexico, they are part of the rich class of Mexico. Their families have a lot of dough. Has I heard them talk about designer clothes, what they wanted for Christmas, or what they should wear to the party tonight.

Quietly, I became angry at them. I've gotten to know these girls, but I could not help but be disgusted. I thought to myself, how selfish. I distanced myself from the conversation.

After class, I started to think, why was I so angry? I dove deeper, I thought I knew how they thought. They were not hard to figure out. But the reality was my heart and mind were in the wrong spot.

Recently, I have been overly critical of people, who I hardly know. We usually judge people we hardly know harshly and swiftly.

Why?

What stranger are you judging?

No comments: