Sunday, December 26, 2010

Learning From My Sister's Boyfriend

I don't know if there is any irony to all this. Perhaps, I have chose not to come to terms with the irony....

However, I have learned a lot from my sister's boyfriend..

My sister got her wisdom teeth pulled out the other day. She came home in pain, she was woozy, and was not coherent at all. (So glad, I was born with no wisdom teeth.. true story).

So my sister sat in pain and embarked on her journey of movies galore. But her boyfriend was there for every minute of this exciting adventure. So for countless hours he sat and watched movie after movie, not to mention countless TV shows (brutal). But I observed his every move. He was patient with her, made sure she got her medicine. The guy did everything! And more importantly out of love. The guy was there all day for at least three days.

The guys was flawless. His example of his love for my sister made me think. If he was not there, would I do what he did for my sister? Granted she is my sister.. would I sit there and take the boredom better know as watching marathons of women shows?

Honestly, I would not... I would be lying if I said yes. Which only shows my selfishness. But how many love ones in our life would we endure three days of TV just to make sure they are comfortable? Think about it, go deep with this thought.

How do you treat the people you say you love? My sister's boyfriend treated her like royalty.

I thank him for that. I admire how he showed her, he loved her by sitting on the couch for hours on in. I believe we all are put in situations that allow us, to gage how far and hard would we go for someone.

That my sister's boyfriend did nothing but sit there with her. But that meant the world to her. He did nothing flashy or elaborate. Many times people who need help, just want the simple, yet typical elements of helping someone.

Imagine that.....


Needless to say the main thought here is....

What would you do for a love one family, friend.....?

No comments: