Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Importance Of Training

Now that I'm officially done with training. Its typical to automatically move into reflection mode. These past 8 weeks, have been completely humbling for me. I sat through many classes, studied the Bible like never before. I was stripped down to my core, ripped from everything and exposed in many ways. The reality was I need that, more than anything.

God has been ever so faithful.

Training usually is approached lightly, people feel they know all the required elements of most training. Yet, training still remains a pivotal point for any discipline. I would venture to guess, that most times we do have a good idea, of what the training will contain.

However, through any training there are "training nuggets" moments that make training worth it, enjoyable, it gets the blood going.

I would love to share 3 " training nuggets" that I have taken away from training.

1.Your walk with Christ keeps you on the field or takes you off. (Slap in the face "nugget" good stuff, so true)
2.Go to the field as a learner. (Humility " nugget" assume you know nothing)
3. Christ does the "changing" not the missionary. (The I'm not God "nugget" the most obvious of the 3, amazing how we forget)

I am grateful for the training I received.

The point of training is to find what you don't know already and to re- establish what you already know.

We all have a lot to learn.

In many ways, life is one big training. Through the different paths of life we take. We all find "training nuggets" that we learn from.

May we always be learners.

No comments: