Saturday, July 19, 2008

Blocking The World Out

As I always do I went into reflection. On the nice green grass at Mary Hardin - Baylor University super summer had came to a close. Every one's tears and emotions were unleashed to the max. My family group huddled all together for the last prayer with each other. Our family group saw addictions break, doubts destroyed, and saw birth to hope. As one of the leaders of the group I learned a lot. I came in with a bad attitude. Towards the age group I was charge of(13-14), but God completely jacked me up. I learned a lot along the way. But one thing I love about super summer is the focus. The focus is always on God and his awesomeness. What I learned and practiced this week was blocking the world out. To take time everyday no computer, no phone(that means texting) and no distractions period. To talk to your father who loves you beyond measure. To get into his word and absorb it like a sponge. Ultimately to focus on God who happens to be bigger than the world.

1 comment:

Mike Sharrow said...

God always responds to those who earnestly seek Him, bask in His presence and goodness, meditate on His truths and pour out themselves desiring to receive His fullness.

I'm hearing good things about changed lives from students who went this summer...changes only God can bring about...only God can sustain. Sustained inertia is the sticky part - that's where it becomes learning how to integrate the mountain-top rush of exclusive God pursuit with day to day living. I pray the awesomeness of God's presence in your life and the students you led will be lasting, catalytic and that it messes up your life to the glory of God!

I hear you're headed to Panama later this summer...you're a busy guy.