Monday, July 28, 2008

Rock Solid

Has I was allowing numerous lies to enter my mind. I was beginning to think they weren't lies anymore. I grew frustrated with myself, and my shortcomings. I grew frustrated with what I thought I should have. I grew frustrated with my current position that I was in.

As I started to sway into my apathetic thinking. I realized I have gone down this road already. That I had always been selfish, and wanted all the glory. I want everything my way. I grew frustrated with God not giving my due. In actuality I deserved absolutely nothing.

My mind began to run through all sorts of emotions. My thoughts were fumbling over a closet full of stuff. I started to realize that, I have a father who was rooting for me. A father who made me wonderfully and fearlessly. I then saw a rock in my room. Written on the rock was Romans 8:31. I stared at it for a good 10 minutes. As I absorbed this rock, and its message. I realized that I had gone down this road of an apathetic mindset, I'm worth nothing, feel sorry for me attitude. I was allow condemnation to creep in.

So I went to the good book read Romans 8:31. Already knowing what the verse said. But I didn't believe it in my heart or mind. As I began to meditate on this verse. I started to smile, and I yelled in happiness. It hit me, God is for me. So simple, yet so hard to digest at times. Since this nice reminder I have reversed, and taken a different road. A road with God, and no apathy. A road I am not familiar with, but I'm sure it will be oodles of fun!

Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

No comments: