Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Call To Obey

I have always been the stubborn kind, one that has to hit the wall. To realize I need help, but most importantly to be obedient. Obedience is tricky, not only that, but its hard. Especially in this day and age ,when everyone. Wants to doing everything on their own terms.

When I was little I had a hard time listening to my parents. Let's just say I got spanked on a regular basis. The Bible clearly states the importance of obedience. To obey our parents, authority figures, the law etc. Obedience is something we all struggle with.

To obey God is to be made fun of, scoffed at, and to be excluded. Obeying God is hard, it's not fun at times. Obedience has many benefits for those who are obedient. But in the worlds eyes your just an idiot. As Christians we are called to obey Christ. To follow the standards he expects us to abide by. In order to abide to these standards of God, it requires obedience. Obedience requires meekness, humility, and focus.

To sacrifice time....
To eliminate negative influences in our lives.......
To love our enemies......
To be honest.....
To live a pure life.....
To not judge
And many more...

The standards have been set, the call has be made. Now it's are job to respond

I pray we vast not in the victory, but in our obedience to our Father

No comments: