Thursday, August 21, 2008

Everyone Grows Up

Three weeks ago I turned 21. It dawned on me, that I am getting old. Sure I still have a lot of life to live(God willing). But tomorrow my bro leaves for University of Texas in Austin. For the last 18 years I have been around him. For all his events, accomplishments, etc. As he leaves I will cherish these last couple of moments with him.

Everyone grows up, age never goes down, but up. I won't cry when he leaves, or go into despair. But I will miss him for sure. As I grow older I have realize life is short. To enjoy every moment with people you love and care about. But I'm super excited for him, and what he has in store in Austin. I will miss his support, thoughts, and weird taste of music. I will miss the long conversations we had at night. We talked about girls, music, and our aspirations. I will probably miss that the most. Sure he's an hour away, but our aspirations will take us different places. Our bond of family will brings us back on occasions.

As both of us have gotten older our interest have peaked in different areas. We also don't look like brothers at all. He is taller, to most better looking, and very shy. I'm stocky and short, ugly when compared to him and very friendly. We will see each other again. But life will take us down different roads. When he steps out that door it will never be the same. However, life and time stops for no one. If anything, I look forward for the final result when we finish school, get married, have kids and visit each other on holidays. Those are the new memories we will be making in this new chapter of our lives.

But one thing that won't ever change is the fact that we are blood brothers (literally). Carlos I'm proud of you. Now go out and show the world what your made of.

God will be with you always. Let the voice of truth guide you.

Love,

Jose

No comments: