Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK Day

Its probably cliche that I blog about Martin Luther King Jr on MLK Day. But the man's impact is so immense that I couldn't help it. MLK was a man with a plan. A plan that many opposed and resisted. But many believe in the dream that seemed impossible

The MLK was jailed and persecuted for his "radical views". Instead of fighting back, he would simply assemble a group of people and start a march. He still got hit, spit at, and jailed. But his hope never wavered. I have deep admiration for the man.

Something tells me, he knew that he would die. For the cause he passionatley believed in. As many know he did, many mourned his death. He died doing what he loved. What he belived in. It seem, he knew it was coming, but kept at it.

So I thought, why we can't be like that for Jesus. Stand in the trenches and still praise him. That if God, came to you today and told you, you will die in my name. Would you rejoice? Would you be bitter? About all you would miss. A life of a Christan has many trails, not to mention the suffering. Being a Christian is not easy.

All Christians will suffer, its not a cake walk, its quite the opposite.


So I pray that we will follow our Father to the ends of the earth
That our hearts will yearn for Him
That we praise Him no matter our status
Even if its death, that we may rejoice

So think about the fire MLK had.
Translate that to the ultimate cause
The cause of your Father

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that bro, I needed the uplift today!

BTW See you at Amplify tommarow night!