Monday, January 12, 2009

We All Have A Story

A 15 year old boy is called by the pastor of the church. He asked " Do you mind giving your testimony?" The boy stares in shock, What do you want me to do? "Give your story brother" That was me 6 years ago ( man I'm old) in a church in Honduras. The pastor of the church asked, me to give my testimony. I gave my testimony to the whole congregation that night.

I still remember that night so clearly. It was a stepping stone to many more times of testifying. Now I could witness to a wall. But it was the process of 6 years that got me, here. I still have a lot of learning to do. But as my church enters the ONE campaign, I realize that every time I give my testimony. I never know what part of the story God is going to use. I use to be embarrassed, by my story. I never got drunk, or gotten high off my mind, or participate in extra- curricular activities with the opposite sex. I thought I needed a over the top story. I found my story to simple to tell. Boring if you will.

I have told my story countless times. When I give it, I try to be honest. To cut out all the bull. But most importantly I make sure my story is about his glory. That's how all our stories are, its a living testimony of how great God is. The things we have conquered with Christ, addictions, fears, and everything else. I get goosebumps of all that has transpired in 6 years. I am no longer a shame of my story.

God has given me my story for a reason. My story has touched people. I have been touched by people's story. I love to hear testimonies, its a great reminder of the brilliance of the God we serve. What's even more exciting, is our stories are still being written.

We all have stories so, proclaim it to the nations.
Let JESUS be known to the world!

You have a story of monumental impact!
Don't waste it.

2 comments:

archie said...

Very encouraging, Jose. Right in line with Pastor Jeff's A to B testimony of who we were and who we became. Sometime I'd like to hear the full version of how you exchanged your life. Is it on a blog here?

Anonymous said...

I think a lot of us feel as you did about your testimony but one thing is for sure, God is good!

-Shannon