Friday, May 8, 2009

C.O.B

I'm officially, on summer break. I'm very excited and ready for summer. Or, so I think. This summer has a lot in store for me. I will be traveling a lot and seeing new things.

First I will be flying to Portland Oregon. To attend my cousin's wedding. From their my family and I will be go to Vancouver, Canada and check out the sites. I come back to San Antonio for two weeks.

Then I fly out to Tokyo, Japan for a mission trip. I will be on one of many treks, spreading the Word of God. I will be in Japan for two weeks.

Lastly, I come back from Japan. I'm in San Antonio for 4 days. Panama, here I come! I leave for Panama on a mission trip. One in which I'm second in command. My mom being the boss. My brother and sister are going.

Why do, I tell you all this? Well, I'm excited, very excited. But the most important part, will be in the growth. After much prayer and wisdom seeking. I know this summer is for growth. I know God, has blessed me, with opportunity.

But this summer started last summer. When I had a gut check couple of weeks. Then I came across a little acronym, that I had received from Perspectives. Perspectives is a class for people interested in the misson field. The last day the speaker gave us the acronym.

I have called it the COB.

C- Clarity
O- Opportunity
B- Boldness

You pray, and take time. To allow God to work through you. One doesn't work without the other. You must be serious in this process. To be real honest, with yourself. The COB works differently for others. The process may not spell COB. But it works, when you know nothing. Imagine that.

This acronym is very useful and allows you. To sit down and listen to God, on his time. I have learned a lot since last summer. I know, I'm not perfect, if anything I'm far from it. But I know this summer will be life changing to say the least. And that excites me.

Not to us
But to your Name be the glory.

No comments: