Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lee: Text of Encouragement and Truth

Last summer I worked at Goodwill. The experience was a humbling one. I was mixed up, with convicted felons, to trouble teens, and the typical stereotype that is given to people who are like that. I saw, heard, and learned a lot.

What I learned is they are the most considerate people I've met. Not to discount all the others, who are. But I came in being very skeptical. I came out humbled. During my 5 month stint. I met a man named Lee. Lee had just came out of jail for the 5th time. He also just received Christ into his life. I became good friends with this man.

Lee texts me everyday a bible verse, or words of encouragement. We've been able to keep in touch. Most of the time his text help, me a lot. Because I lose focus, so easily sometimes. Today he text, me at 6:00 in the morning. I clicked the phone and dropped it. But when I woke up. I read the text.

Psalm 37:4 4 Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Sure most of us, have heard the verse. But Jose needed to be text that verse today.
Thanks, Lee for the text.

May we all delight ourselves in the Lord!

No comments: