Monday, August 17, 2009

Confidence

At one time, or another, our confidence wavers. We start to pity ourselves. We start to be hard on ourselves.

I've recently, been dealing with this.

To think that, I'm a hopeless mess. That no one cares and all that negative stuff. Having no confidence gets you nowhere.

Even though I know, I have a lot to offer. I still let the enemy sweep in and pour in the lies. It has become, so hard to get rid of. This has become something some common to me.

Every time I go down this rout. I turn to a particular verse that lifts, me up. Romans 8:1-2

1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

Confidence is very important. So for those, out there who are lacking confidence. Meditate on those words of truth.

I am a new creation in Christ. I was wonderfully and fearfully made. God has a plan for me. God loves me.

Confidence, get ready the enemy is on his way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great thought. It seems when you are inspired by the Father, the evil one is stirred up and tries to kick you in the teeth. He doesn't like your head up. It is during those attack times, I have to be very careful in what I say. I will inevitably say the wrong thing.

Jeff Reininger said...

don't let waivering confidence become common place in your life. go to war...find your hatred for sin!

Jeff Turpin said...

I've been going through the same stuff as you mentioned in this post for several weeks now. My spirituality has just train wrecked sort of.

jose said...

Keep you head up, Jeff. There is hope in God. He has an plan for you. When revealed, it will blow your mind away!