Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Next Step

In any kind of ministry. The goal is glorify God in all you do. But another goal is to progress as a ministry.

I have had the unique opportunity of feeding the homeless every Monday night. Personally, I have grown, because of this ministry. It has, for me, been training for missions. On a much more smaller scale, but has taught me a lot.

As the ministry grows, so do ideas, on what to do. We now have enough warm bodies to distribute the food. We have a clean up crew, who gets the trash, we also have people who roam and talk. So as, more people come. The possibilities become a reality.

The reality I'm now trying to push. Is evangelism, to be intentional in talking about God. Sure we are feeding, serving, and talking. But I need people who are on the mission to talk about God. Who are ready, to talk right off the bat.

We go down, every week, and have been able to form friendships. We know people, and their stories. I'm not saying the people who come can't do it. But I'm searching for answers as to how we can do it. How we can present the Gospel to the homeless. So it harbors their attention and challenges them.

Tracts will be thrown away. Bibles, are rarely used by the homeless. I need a "wow' factor. Something that is eye popping. I know the Gospel is eye popping, but something that appeals to the homeless.

That is the next step. Haven for Hope may knock us, out of business. But until then, I want our team to be equipped to lead someone to Christ. Boldness is the word that comes to mind.

The food will be there.
So will the servants heart and the smiles.

But the will the boldness be there? For the next step?

Have any suggestions, as to how we can execute this for God.

No comments: