Saturday, December 19, 2009

Don't Succeed, Just Try

Many of us, come to a point in our lives. When we think, we have everything figured out. We lose sight of the fact, of how insufficient we really are.

We become so consumed in our pride, our selfishness. For the longest time, I told myself that, I was a failure. That I was not successful at anything, whatsoever. I wanted to be, so successful. I became so consumed, with what I wanted. I want to do it, all on my own. I failed terribly on many occasions. But I had forgotten that its not about succeeding, but trying.

God is the one that allows, us to succeed. But only when we humble ourselves, to his will in our lives. Allowing our faith to slip in, which goes with us being obedient. Ultimately, showing how much we love him and how much He loves us. When we kick ourselves, out of our lives. All God requires of us, is to try, he will do the rest.

But when we succeed, it was Him and not us. We simply tried. God did the rest.

Mother Teresa said it best: "God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try."

2 comments:

Jeff Reininger said...

"Do or don't do. There is no try." -Yoda

jose said...

Perhaps, I should have elaborate. What I meant, is that God allows us to succeed, through us taking the initiative. We can only try, we can not succeed on our own. But if, we try earnestly and honestly, God will do the rest. Yoda is a wise creature. But sometimes trying is more powerful, than doing or not doing, especially if God is not in the equation.