Thursday, December 31, 2009

Investment: The Risks And Rewards

I get a call at eight in the morning. I answer the unfamiliar number, as the sound of the voice echoes through my ears. I begin to roll my eyes out of the inconvenience that it will provide me. The voice sounds so desperate. The lady on the phone is asking a favor of me. I shake my head out of annoyance. Finally, the conservation ends.

I begin to make sense of things. What have I gotten myself into? Nothing extreme, I was just selfish. I didn't want to get out of bed. It finally dawned on me. What this opportunity could do, for someone in need.

A lot of times, we fear that someone who is in great need. Will call, ask for help, ask something of us, that will make us feel uncomfortable. Why are we so afraid? I will tell you why, investment. Every investment that we make has a risk or reward involved. I had a lady call me, to see if I could provide her and her family one way tickets to Brownsville.

Risk: I only met this family once. She asked that we go pick her up. I don't know their history, agenda. For all I know, they could rob me of my car. Or take advantage of someone helping them. I barley know this family.

Reward: I could use this to help a family in dire need. I could also use this to be a representative of Christ. Lastly, show the people that a complete stranger does care for them.

I elected to help the family. Everything went smoothly and I was able to help them. They were very thankful. The whole situation was a huge blessing for both parties. The whole thing really humbled me. The underline point is that sometimes we meet someone, people and we want to help. But only to a certain extent.

For example, going beyond just handing out some loose change from your window. To take the initiative to go beyond the window. What does that mean? That means putting yourself out there. Answering a call at two in the morning, going out on faith and lend money, time, or ears.

We at one time were in dire need and someone took a chance on us.

My New Years Resolution: Investing in those in need, but with an intention that surpasses all understanding. The source, just look above, you may be a victim of His investment, His love.

Happy New Years!!

No comments: