Monday, July 26, 2010

The Indirect Effect

Panama a country very, near and dear to my heart. My mom is from Panama, which obviously makes me, Panamanian. I've been to Panama on many occasions to visit family. But in the summer of 2008. I left for Panama once again, to visit and celebrate some birthday's. But this trip would be different from the others.

My mom and I would see a certain need that would call us back, to Panama. But for a different reason all together. We saw a possible mission trip opportunity in the future. So, on the plane trip back, we started to brainstorm. Long story, short one year later we came back with a mission team. This Tuesday, we will be going back with our second team.

I can't but help, but think back at the process. But this post is about the indirect effect our team, church has had on Panama. We are on the eve of our second trip. Last trip we had chairs that we worked on, we painted them, sand them down. This time we will be finishing them, these seats will allow little kids to sit down and hear the word. Not only that, but to be educated and further their knowledge. Indirect effect ......

Which leads me, to this. A lot of us, have a indirect effect on people. Whether we know it, or not. Often times, I find myself wanting to receive that recognition, but it's always the little things that matter. Like chairs, like having an idea to start a mission trip to Panama.

Run with it, we all have indirect effects on people. I pray we are humbled by that, and to know God knows.

And that's all that matters in the end. Be the subtle impact

No comments: