Monday, February 28, 2011

The Missionary Road

I walked in all dressed up, which is rare. I took a seat took my jacket off and he asked " How are you, Jose?"

I smiled and said... "Good, thanks." I had just entered my interview for potentially, becoming a full time missionary with the International Mission Board. It was a long time coming in mind, for this very moment.

However, butterflies were erupting out of sheer excitement. Yet, once the interview started, I realized something was going to change fast. The interview was hard, revealing, and refreshing at the same time. He asked, every personal question known to mankind. He asked, questions my friends have never asked me.

He came in shooting. I came in unprepared. All in all, the interview was humbling my 4 days in Richmond, Virgina were humbling.

Bombarded with a plethora of opportunities in the mission field, that take you all over the globe.

I learned in my short time, that the mission can be unforgiven and treacherous. But it can bear fruit that will last a lifetime. I have been called down this missionary road.

For along time I have dreamed of traveling to spread the Gospel to others. Yet, the 4 days of orientation serve as a remind that the road will be hard and rewarding.

There will be days I will feel like throwing in the towel. Others, I feel on top of the world. I have the learned that this road is about deny yourself, all the time!

God has control, no matter the continent. He will reveal Himself to the lost. I am merely a messenger at best.

The missionary road will undoubtedly, be life changing....

No comments: