Monday, May 19, 2008

My Constant

The glaring faces penetrate my thoughts.
As I walk robotically through the plethora of people.
Thinking and judging and being tempted.
I walk at times with several ideas.
Yet they never seem to formulate.

Distracted by worldly nonsense, it derails me.
From my purpose I have in you.
Clinging to what I know best.
Knowing it fails me every time.

A man of several, powerful and moving words.
Yet falls everyday.
Seeing the cry, need, and the potential.
I’m simply not boasting a Samaritan attitude.
Disgusted by my attitude of nothingness.
I run fast and hard.

It gets me back to where I was.
Knowing I am a conqueror for you.
To stand the gap for others.
To gleam a speck of your awesomeness.
To lives in dire need of you.

I’m on my knees.
Knowing the task ahead of me is daunting.
Bracing myself for what is to come.
I turn to you, my constant.

No comments: