Thursday, May 29, 2008

Real Men Love Jesus

Today most men want to be indentify as "macho" or anything to that extent. From my experiences, I've never been put in that category of being a man. But as I was driving home the other day. I ran into a bumper sticker that said Real Men Love Jesus. I'm sure most of us have seen this bumper sticker before, including me. But at that moment, it hit Jesus loves real men. What I got out of this little commercialized sticker was living for Jesus is hard and makes you a man. The life of a Jesus lover is one of persecution, trials of many kinds, or Satan trying to derail us. Also the fact that we get our lives ruin by Jesus as well(Thank God for that).You could also take in account the thousand other things that suck about following Jesus. Being a christian isn't easy if it were everyone would be doing it. Living a life completely devoted to God makes you a man, but most importantly God loves you for that. Not the man part, but the commitment. So as I write this I realize I can say I'm a man because I love Jesus, but also because Jesus knows who I am.

No comments: