Thursday, September 3, 2009

Movies

Movies: A form of art, expression, ideas. Right?

What is it about movies? That get us to the box office to pay for them? Is it the marquee actors/ actresses, or the genre, it might be the director. There are plenty of reasons, as to why, we watch movies.

Movies can challenge a person's thinking, inspire us, or simply entertain. Regardless,we still watch them. Movies allow the audience to enter another world. For 2 hours are so, we are taken on an adventure.

The point that I'm getting at, is movies have a huge impact. Movies are not just a form of entertainment. In a movie you hear, see, and feel. Yes! Movies do make people cry, laugh, and most importantly think.

Sure not all are meant to challenge the mind. Some are just plain stupid. But we all have our own particular taste in movies.

Since entering college I have really picked up reading. I won't consider myself a book worm. But I do enjoy, reading a lot more, than before. But movies to me, are to a certain extent more helpful than books. Not always, but movies at times are better than books. I'm a visual learning. Movies like books give us, a picture. Movies give us an picture and well decide for ourselves. I'm saying, completley ditch books. I feel that movies at times, show and tell, what a book can't.

Either way, I'm sure we will go to the movies. Whether that's on a date, or your fan of a movie coming out. Movies will be watched. It's not bad to take time and sail off to another world, escape, if you will.

It's what movies do and will continue to do.

No comments: