Monday, December 29, 2008

Being Positive

Its so easy, to think negative. Especially if things aren't going your way, or if you want attention and sympathy from someone. When I'm down I 'm pretty darn good at being negative. Being negative can change your attitude even your actions. No one is fun to be around when their negative. So I ran around into this chart for every negative self- talk it had a positive spin for it.



  • "I've never done it before." "It's an opportunity to learn something new."
  • "It's too complicated." "I'll tackle it from a different angle."
  • "I don't have the resources." "Necessity is the mother of invention."
  • "There's not enough time." "Let's re-evaluate some priorities."
  • "There's no way it will work." "I can try to make it work."
  • "Its too radical a change." "Let's take a chance."
  • "No one bothers to communicate with me." "I'll see if I can open the channels of communication
  • "I'm not going to get any better at this." "I'll give it another try."

Most of the time its not hard to be negative. To denigrate, yourself, or others. Being positive really helps you, or that person have a different outlook on life. Every time I go on a mission trip. I meet people without homes, people that don't have money to provide food for their children, and to top it off they don't know what the next day will bring. But the individuals I've met are some of the most positive people I've encountered. Being positive is worth the work, you never know who could be watching. So as always, I found the chart and I've started to use it. Those are few examples of thousands of scenarios that could happen. But I guess what I saying is be positive even when life throws something at you. Just smile and say it will be alright. Then again, you know God's got your back.

1 comment:

archie said...

Great advice. Have you been reading my mail or hearing my prayers. You really nailed it. I'm working on capturing those negative thoughts and sending them back to where they came!

We are so incredibly blessed as a nation and individually. It doesn't matter how little money we have. Merely, living in America with freedom to worship as God leads should be encouraging enough on its' own.

Again, thanks for the "So what?" of the thought. Great application.