Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Remembering The Name

In the dark corner of a auditorium. I sat there watching everyone conversing with each other. Our pastor had just challenged us to go talk to someone. That we have been meaning to talk to. To befriend a someone, to pray and just simply talk.

Suddenly my youth pastor came towards me. She yelled Jose you want something to eat? I sat in shock that she knew my name. Perhaps I was being naive, giving the fact my name was on the roll every Sunday. But anyways she came sat down and just struck up a conversation. We talked till service ended she invited me to her bible study at her house.

Why am I telling you this? Well remembering people's names can and is a very powerful thing. At the time when my youth pastor approach me. She not only knew my name she took interest in me. That interest has carried on even to this day. I was so lost, confused, and scared at that time. I just turned 13 I was a mess. She came and reflected the love of God on me.

It's not always about the name just taking time to listen, talk to people. Its huge I'm proof of that, it shows that the person cares. That your not just another face. So when I get the chance to call, text, email, or get coffee and talk to someone I pounce on it. You may just text them a little encouragement, see how they did on a test, a current trial. Whatever it may be it will speak volumes. You might not see the end result or receive accolades of your kindness. But that's not what its about.

Taking the time to just to love and share compassion.
I will never forget that Sunday. It changed my life forever.

So I pray that you take the time to talk to someone who is
yearning to be listen to, or someone who needs to vent,
someone who needs a pick me up.
We all need that sometimes.

No comments: