Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Keeping It Simple

Christmas is less than 24 hours away! This year I got my shopping done early. I had my annual week of aiding my mom in on the Christmas decorations (not my favorite thing to do). Took pictures for Christmas cards and turned out bad as usual (I'm not photogenic at all). So far December has been good.

Over the past couple of years, as I get older. Christmas has become not so much about the presents, and traditions. It has become about the people who I love and care about. The spotlight has shifted from me to we, to him. Sure its cliche to say its all about Jesus, and quite frankly it is. Presents: traditions, family, friends, and significant others make Christmas truly special.

Christmas brings the best out of everyone (even the Scrooges). So as another Christmas passes, I will enjoy it, in a simple way. Not to fill my mind, with all the chores of Christmas, not to worry about what I got. What I should have done. I'm keeping it simple.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is I will enjoy Christmas. But the focus will be different. For the first time I will sit and be still. To thank my Father for what he has done and yet to do.

Keeping it simple. That's my approach for this Christmas
What's yours?

Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: