Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Ultimate Concert

Last night courtesy of a good friend of mine. I got to help out at the Shane & Shane concert. At first, I was going to be security and intimidate people as best I could. But within 10 minutes I got moved over to the world vision table. As I started to walk around the stage area getting people to sign up for a prize. I got engaged in so many conversations. I ran into 10 different people that I hadn't seen in months, years. It was a great feeling, its been a while since I've been to a christian concert. The fellowship was awesome so was the music everyone there was happy to be there.

Sure almost all those people go to church on Sunday and perhaps outside of Sunday as well. But when you get into a room full of people who love God and you don't know them. It turns out to be a very cool experience. Not to discount the great people you surround yourself with at church. But its always good to meet other people from different churches and hear their stories. Sure we may not know each other, but our love for God is what we have in common.

So it got me think when I saw all the fellowship and praising going on. I thought won't we be doing this in heaven? Think about it, praising God for what he has done. To praise him 24/7 and fellowship with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. I can see everyone singing and praising the Lord. Everyone smiling for the same reason and standing in awe of our Father. Its like the ultimate concert praising God with all who love him deeply and passionately.

No one knows how heaven will be completely. But I do know it will be awesome, and awesome isn't even the right world to describe it. As close to 1,000 people gathered for the concert I started to think of Matthew 18:20 For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Just imagine how will it will be in heaven. Imagine how many people it will be. Everyone bowing down to the One who gave it all.

I can't wait!
The ultimate concert awaits us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great to know you have an irrevocable ticket. At least I hope so! :)