Friday, December 12, 2008

Them

We all have people who have or had a huge impact in our lives. We all have family members or friends who we deeply admire. We all have been inspired in some way.

We admire someone who's close or someone we may never meet (MLK,Gandhi, for example). What about those random strangers who have instilled the certain emotion or message you were looking for. I refer to them as "them" because I believe there is so many of them. This is true in my life people who we've met that gave us that unexpected boost. They still showed us something worth noting, something constructive.

For example I met a guy my freshman year in college. He was 25, he had a learning disability like me, but he had a severe case. He was 25 and a freshman I had more hours then him. But he was so thankful for where he was he had no car, no girlfriend. He said God would provide all that in his time. He was a history major If he wasn't reading something on history it was the Bible. He humbled me, in so many ways. He was so simple, he had a lot to complain about but never would. He would always say the Lord is enough.

One more example, I met a guy who was getting his life back on track. I use to work at Goodwill this guy less than a year ago was in jail. I met him he was on fire for Jesus. He yearned to follow the Lord everyday. He was always positive, and never thought of himself. He too was in a hard situation 35 and living with the folks. Living paycheck to paycheck, but he rejoiced in the Lord always. Now he is engaged to a godly woman he met at church and just received a promotion. I can see him laughing and yelling out God is good! Everyday I get a text message from him. He texts a verse everyday at the same time 6:30 am what a great alarm clock!

I could go on about all the people who have impacted me in a short amount of time. The people who you wouldn't invite to your birthday party. The people who wouldn't make your fab five sort of speak and that's fine. You may never see them again, or talk to them.

But I ask, to take the time for those random strangers and pray for them. To keep it up,because they have help us in a mighty way. Pray that they can keep it up for others. Pray blessings in their life. Its OK if you don't remember the name, or what they look like. You remember the most important thing what they brought to you. Their effect has lingered on, let it be inspiration to do the same.

No comments: