Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Everything Is A Process

Everything is a process, everything is a process, everything is a process! On Monday night or Tuesday morning, whatever way you want to look at it. I stayed up till 6:30 writing a paper. A paper that at first I was very interested in. Then over time its appeal started to disappear. I don't usually wait til the last minute.

Staring at the computer I realized how tedious this paper was. I wasn't frustrated I was just thinking. A couple of months back I was stopped by a girl at school. She asked me to write something all this huge wall. Something I wanted everyone to see. So my first reaction was a bible verse, but as I thought more about it. I wrote down EVERYTHING IS A PROCESS (all in caps).

To me that little quote, is so true on every level of everyone's life. I'm not the most patient person in the world. I've come to realize that going through a process is healthly for every indivdual. No matter how much it sucks, hurts, sets us back. I've had my share of setbacks, tears of pain, tears of being frustrated.

The last three months I've been learning to be patient and be obedient during the seasons. No matter how long it takes. God will bring good out of it. I get myself in trouble when I jump the gun in the process. When I get got up in the status quo. When I compare myself to others and what they have accomplished.

Yesterday, my dad looked at my paper for kicks. He smiled and said hijo (with an accent) writing is a process, not a over night thing. I laughed and said I found that out last night. Better late than never.

As for the process that I will be going through in the future. I will complain, get mad, but I will learn, and come out a better person, or a paper that receives A+. Either way both will take time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

School desires excellence of its students. But, what is excellence? Grammer is good. Spelling is good. But, the point is communication. When the message is communicated with excellence it may have both bad grammar and spelling, but totally engulfs and impacts the receipient.

Think about the impact of communicating the message of Jesus Christ by some salty ol' fisherman from the sea of Galilee or a migrant worker from Mexico. :)