Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Community

Thanksgiving under a bridge was a success! We feed about 100 plus people, and cloth them as well. It was good seeing people inconvenience themselves and get out of their comfort zone. As I watched people serving people ,or listening, laughing, crying together in unity. I could only smile a tear up a little bit. It was awesome to see the body of Christ come together and serve and love the least of these.

As the night was winding down I felt the spirit moving in me. I gather everyone in a circle homeless people, children, anyone who wanted to join. I gave a brief reminder to everyone and myself. To serve anyone that comes our way. Serve them like Jesus. To remember the power of community and what it can do. That we are all God's children.

This thanksgiving I pray we stay humble and take time to thank the Lord of what he has given us.

Matthew 25:40 The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

No comments: