Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Costly Message

Last night I got blasted, I was being told things I needed to hear. That a life of Christian isn't easy. That it's suppose to be costing you something. God wants your life not your leftovers. I've heard the message before, but never really respond to it. Just looking around the room. It appeared I wasn't the only getting their world rocked. So as everyone went to the alter to let it go, to do business with God. I sat in the front row being still and talking to my father in heaven.

I got nudge by the spirit to go pray for those drenched in tears, frustrated, and hurting. I extended my hand and prayed with them. What I learned from last night. Is we are going to mess up we are not perfect, our creator is in every way. That a life of Christian can be a grueling process. A life of Christian is called to rise above this dark and lost world. To pick up our armor and be a messenger for the Lord everyday no matter our current state. Sure it seems pretty repetitive, but at least for me. I know I need a simple message like that. To be humbled, to sit back and realize the task at hand. To check my selfishness and pride meters.

To take time and just bask in the greatness of the Lord. I know I'm guilty of getting got up with my life. That I neglect to give God my time. At times I don't give him what will cost me. Whatever that may be it reminding me of what he gave us. For starters life, his only son, so we could have hope. He gave so much and we complain when we have to sacrifice something.


We are here to glorify and further his kingdom.
To realize its going to cost us something.
So I pray if you need to do business with God to do it.
He's waiting, he's all ears full of love.

So remember the bigger the picture.
It will cost us something.
But the cost is well worth the rewards we have in heaven.

No comments: