Thursday, November 20, 2008

Releasing Our Grip

I'm currently reading So, You Want To Be Like Christ? by Charles R. Swindoll. I just got done with the 4th chapter it was about surrendering. The chapter really humbled me. It got me think when I surrender something. When I feel sorry for myself, or when I have to adjust my plans, or I'm treated badly. To think of Jesus how he was treated, what he gave up, what he endured.

Lastly, I want to leave this prayer by Peter Marshall late chaplain of the United States Senate

Forgive us, O God for the doubting suspicion with which we regard the heart of God.

We have faith in checks and banks, in trains and airplanes, in cooks and in strangers who drive us in cabs. Forgive us for out stupidity, that we have faith in people whom we do not know and are so reluctant to have faith in Thee who knowest us altogether.

We are always striving to find a complicated way through life when Thou hast a plan, and we refuse to walk in it. So many of our troubles we bring on ourselves. How silly we are.

Wilt Thou give to us that faith that we can deposit in the bank of Thy love, so that we may receive the dividends and interest that Thou art so willing to give us. We ask it all in the lovely name of Jesus Christ, our Saviour.

Releasing Our Grip

No comments: